An invitation to join the Canterbury branch of the Royal Society of New Zealand
Please note: Membership of the Canterbury Branch is separate to membership of The Royal Society of New Zealand as we are financially separate. To join the national organisation please go to http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/membership/join/
- Regular lectures and panel discussions of general and topical interest.
- An informative monthly newsletter listing coming events and items of interest to all scientists.
- The opportunity, at regular monthly meetings, to discuss issues that are of concern to scientists.
- Day trips and a weekend excursion, to places of scientific interest.
- Inter-disciplinary dialogue.
- Ordinary and retired members are entitled to borrowing privileges at University of Canterbury Libraries.
- Through your subscription you are able to contribute towards the Branch travel and research awards. These are made to assist young scientists to present their results at conferences, and to scientists who have no access to institutional funding who are pursuing limited but well-defined research or study projects.
Subscriptions for 2017/18 (new member rates)
|Family Associate Member discount: No longer offered|
Those joining as Ordinary or Retired members during the year may apply the following rebates to their subscription. Please adjust the amount on your application form appropiately.
| ||Rebate||Sub payable||Rebate||Sub payable|
|Until 31 Apr||No rebate||No rebate|
|May - July||$5.00||$15.00||$5.00||$15.00|
|Nov onwards||No rebate but gives membership for subsequent year|
* The normal student membership fee of $5 is for an Email newsletter only, if student members wish to receive a paper copy of the monthly newsletter in the mail the need to add an extra $5 to their membership fee.
From the constitution our membership classes are:
‘Student Members shall be full-time students, or others approved by Council, entitled to all of the privileges of Ordinary Members.’
‘Retired Members shall be Members who are no longer in full time professional or business activities.’
‘Family Associate members shall be individuals residing at the same address as an Ordinary or Retired member. They shall have all the privileges of ordinary members excepting that they do not receive a newsletter and other related correspondence.
Membership is open to all with an interest in science.
Please download the Word or PDF application, print and post.
Please send this application form to:
RSNZ Canterbury Branch,
P O Box 8558,
Either include your subscription or direct credit it to our bank account 02 0820 0601223 00.